Confirmation Guidelines for Youth
To receive this Sacrament at St. Bartholomew the Candidate must:
- Be Baptized and have had 1st Communion,
- A Junior (11th grade) or Senior (12th grade) in High School and at least 16 years old
- Be a registered member of St. Bartholomew Parish
- A student must have registered and regularly attended two years of Religious Education here at St. Bartholomew, through our YSN program, or at another Catholic parish prior to the year entering into the Confirmation program. (If you are coming from another parish youth/religious ed. program, please provide a letter from the Youth Ministry/Religious Education Coordinator stating your prior attendance in their program)
- Baptismal Certificate - it is vitally important that the church has a current copy of the candidate’s Baptismal Certificate. (Current - meaning a new certificate is filled out and dated by the candidate’s “church of baptism” no earlier than 6 months prior to registering for the Confirmation program.) You must obtain and submit a current copy by the required due date. Copies from the “church of baptism” can be obtained by mail, fax or in person.
In order to be enrolled and to continue to participate in the program
- Plan to attend and enthusiastically participate in all classes and required retreats.
- Attend Mass weekly
- Understand this is not the end of their "Catholic duty." It is not “Catholic graduation.” Formation is life-long.
- Be in a regular on-going religious education program; be that YSN or religion class.
- Be willing to give of your time in service to the Lord and our community. You will be required to have 15 service hours by the time of the Ceremony for Confirmation.